Do you have open green space between the street and sidewalk in front or alongside of your property?
The Geneva Department of Public Works with the support of the Geneva Shade Tree Committee is seeking property owners to plant street trees in open city rights-of-way.
• Trees are beautiful and provide important value to you and to the city.
• Trees can increase the resale value of your home and enhance privacy and boost the appearance of your street.
• Trees improve air quality and provide cooling shade to lower ambient air temperatures in urban and residential spaces.
• Trees improve water quality by absorbing groundwater and reducing storm run-off.
• Trees improve habitat for birds and other important wildlife.
• Healthy residential tree cover makes people happier!
Healthy young trees are available at NO COST in exchange for a small promise that they will be watered regularly for the first year and protected from trunk damage by mowers and string trimmers. DPW will provide FREE tree trunk guards and initial waterings.
You will be consulted to select the species most suited to your planting sites to minimize conflict with overhead and underground utilities and to avoid future issues with sidewalks such as upheaval and cracking.
Planting sites are being created this spring and trees will be scheduled for planting in Fall 2023. DPW will provide tree installations.
Please call Joe Venuti in the Engineering Department at (315) 789-3101 or contact Mark Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional information.