Upcoming Legislative Meetings/Discussions:
- Zoning Work Session - June 13 at 5:30pm
- Committee Review – staff will be providing action items at the July meeting
- Short Term Rental – Recommendations from the Council will be incorporated into a resolution for the June council meeting.
Farmer’s Market and Lakefront Study
- City Staff and representatives from the Farmer’s Market, Visitor’s Center, and BID met with the selected firm – PLAN Architects – to discuss the study for the Farmer’s Market/Lakefront properties. The group will develop a phased in master plan for developing the lakefront/bicentennial park area to include options for a Farmer’s Market, Events, and Boat Launch. From the plan, we will be able to look at grant resources as well as long term support for the maintenance and use of these areas.
- Planning and Economic Development Director: We have received a handful of applications at this time. The panels will receive the redacted resumes and begin the interview process in the coming weeks.
- Human Resource Manager: Application period ends on May 12, 2023.
- City Clerk: Application period ends on May 12, 2023.
- Assessor: Interviews were held in partnership with the City of Canandaigua and an offer will be made in the near future.
- Chief of Police, we are still awaiting the test results for this position.
Staff Training Day
- Staff from all of the City departments attended the staff training day held on Wednesday, April 26. The training day covered topics including sexual harassment, workplace violence, ethics, cyber security, CPR, AED, and Narcan.
- We’ve finally received both permits for the marina, and are working on next steps. City staff will be meeting with the engineers to discuss phasing of the next potential steps for this project including final engineering, bidding, decisions related to construction and maintenance within the next two weeks.
- Downton Street Lamp Maintenance and Painting
- Although street lamp repair/repainting (lamps were to be removed, powder coated, and painted) was originally included in the DRI it had to be moved out of the contract and is now being worked on by City staff. The original 2018 funding does not meet the 2023 costs and we are working to create a replacement schedule. In the meantime, City staff and our partners at the BID will work to paint the existing street lamps in downtown.
- The City Manager meets twice a month with all department heads. Quarterly these meetings are finance meetings where we review the previous quarter of spending with each department. At your June Council meeting you will receive an overview of the 1st quarter.
- Launching the 2024 budget on May 10, 2023. Meeting with all departmental budget staff to discuss expectations and how budget will be forecasted. We will be breaking the budget into two components Capital and Asset Management Budget and Operating Budget.
- Comptroller will meet with Advisory boards, committees, etc. that have budget advisory responsibilities in May to discuss the City processes.
- In June Department Fess and the Asset Management/Capital Budgets will be due to the Comptroller and City Manager.