Relocate Your Business
When seeking opportunities for growth, we were impressed with the partnership between the City and County to support our relocation to Geneva. Through the years, our firm and so many more, have benefited from this network of local economic development assets.
Co-Owner, CCN, International
The very best location, infrastructure, and business client mean nothing if your employees and their families don't have an amazing community in which to live. Geneva is an amazing community in which you and your team can live and play. The City of Geneva was named an All-America City by the National Civic League as a result of our commitment to downtown vibrancy, neighborhood revitalization, and collective impact of our residents.
Education in Geneva
The City is also host to three institutions of higher learning in Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Cornell University's food research unit, and workforce development pioneer Finger Lakes Community College.
Geneva City School District has also been making a name for itself earning high accolades during the 2016 to 2017 school Year (See Geneva Schools Stand Out).
Things to Do
So, take a lakefront stroll, catch Bela Fleck at the Smith Opera House, find dinner in one of dozens of amazing restaurants, then star gaze with your family in one of eleven distinct neighborhoods.
Financial Prosperity Could Be Waiting for You in Geneva
When developing your expansion or relocation plans, the City can facilitate the financing you need to achieve your growth goals. As your expansion plans firm up, the City can facilitate the financing you need to achieve your growth goals. Whether it's making a connection with a local lender, facilitating a loan with one of our partners, or supporting you through our own Revolving Loan Fund program, we can help you put together a financing package.
Find out which tools are fueling the success of local businesses.
The Industrial Development Agency (IDA) supports qualified projects through locally-developed incentives through:
- Land-cost write-downs
- Mortgage and sales tax abatements
- Property tax phase-ins
Contact Sage Gerling via email to discuss your business goals!
Other Sources of Capital
Other sources of capital that can be paired with city mandated funds to round out your financial package include:
- Local Non-Profit PathStone
- Ontario County's Economic Development Corporation, who offer revolving loans
- Small Business Administration
Buildings & Sites
Single-person service firms should be interested in Port 100, a co-working space with dedicated desk space, and shared administrative services for entrepreneurs. This space is a partnership between the City of Geneva, our IDA and LDC, Ontario County Economic Development, and Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
Contact Adam Blowers via email to schedule a tour to learn more about Port 100.
Downtown Geneva is brimming with businesses pursuing the all American dream in this all American city.
Contact Geneva Bids via email for business inquiries regarding spaces downtown.
Production incubator spaces are available for those interested in high scale production:
- Geneva Industrial Park - A 150-acre publicly owned site, with available parcels ranging from 5 to 25 acres, fully served with electric, natural gas, fiber optics, water, and wastewater.
- Contact Sage Gerling via email for more information.
- Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park - A Food and Agriculture incubator offering low-cost office, laboratory, and production space.
- Contact Gordon Maynard via email for a tour of the facility.
- Geneva Enterprise Development Center - Home to production, financial services, food and beverage, and information technology firms.
- Contact Geneva Enterprise Development Center via email to learn more about offers ready for you!