Expand Your Business
My family has done business in Geneva for generations. When it was time to grow, the City and its partners stood ready with critical financing to support our growth.
Owner, Club 86
Financial Stimulus Sustaining Growth
Retaining and growing our existing business is our highest priority. When your existing business in Geneva is ready to grow, the City and our partners stand ready to support you in your expansion efforts. As your expansion plans firm up, the City can facilitate the financing you need to achieve your growth goals. Whether it's making a connection with a local lender, facilitating a loan with one of our partners, or supporting you through our own Revolving Loan Fund program, we can help you put together a financing package.
The Local Development Corporation (LDC) manages investments in business growth through our Revolving Loan Fund that are used for:
- Equipment acquisition
- Facility rent
- Working capital
The Microenterprise Assistance Program offers grants up to $25,000 to help build and expand businesses with five or fewer employees (including the owners). Contact Collette Barnard via email or at 315-828-6585 for more information.
The Industrial Development Agency (IDA) supports qualified projects through locally-developed incentives through:
- Land-cost write-downs
- Mortgage and sales tax abatements
- Property tax phase-ins
Other Sources of Capital
Other sources of capital that can be paired with city mandated funds to round out your financial package include:
- Local Non-Profit PathStone
- Ontario County's Economic Development Corporation, who offer revolving loans
- Small Business Administration
Buildings & Sites
Single-person service firms should be interested in Port 100, a co-working space with dedicated desk space, and shared administrative services for entrepreneurs. This space is a partnership between the City of Geneva, our IDA and LDC, Ontario County Economic Development, and Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
Contact Adam Blowers via email to schedule a tour to learn more about Port 100.
Downtown Geneva is brimming with businesses pursuing the all American dream in this all American city.
Contact Geneva BID via email for business inquiries regarding spaces downtown.
Production incubator spaces are available for those interested in high scale production:
- Geneva Industrial Park - A 150-acre publicly owned site, with available parcels ranging from 5 to 25 acres, fully served with electric, natural gas, fiber optics, water, and wastewater.
- Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park - A Food and Agriculture incubator offering low-cost office, laboratory, and production space.
- Contact Gordon Maynard via email for a tour of the facility.
- Geneva Enterprise Development Center - Home to production, financial services, food and beverage, and information technology firms.
- Contact Geneva Enterprise Development Center via email to learn more about offers ready for you!