Plan an Event in Geneva

Make Your Event a Success!

Is this your first time coordinating an event? Don't worry, the City is Geneva is here to support you every step of the way.

How to Get Started

For an application for a march, rally or demonstration, please contact Dave Sharman via email or 315-789-5005.

For all other outdoor events, please contact Liz Toner via email or 315-828-6588:

Once you're certain you have the capacity to pull off an event…Please see the attachments below to help coordinate your event with the City's Events Team. You can print these or come to City Hall for hard copies.

Downtown Geneva Event

If you want to plan an event in downtown Geneva, including at the lakefront, in addition to submitting a Use of City Property Application, we also highly suggest reaching out to the Geneva Business Improvement District (BID).

Lakefront Viewing Deck & Lakefront Gazebo Rental

Are you interested in renting the Lakefront Viewing Deck which is located right in front of the Finger Lakes Welcome Center or the Lakefront Gazebo for a special event? Utilize our application and supported documents:

Banner Display

Are you interested in having your banner displayed across Seneca Street to increase your marketing efforts?
The Seneca Street banner placement is on a first come, first serve basis and fills up quickly. Please plan ahead and contact Jackie LaVoie DPW, to schedule the desired banner time period.

Find the Banner Application (PDF).

Street Closure Request

The City of Geneva will accept applications for street closures (PDF) for an event. Please apply for a street closure request as soon as possible, so that the appropriate departments can be notified.


Will you be having fireworks at your event? If so, please see Fireworks Application and Regulations (PDF). Please call 315-789-6305 with any additional questions.

Liquor Authority

All events that are considering selling or serving alcohol need to abide by the state liquor licensing requirements for serving alcohol on public property, and will need to complete the Liquor Authority Form (PDF) in order to do so.

Liquor, beer, and wine may not be sold or handled in any City of Geneva property except with a valid state liquor license and after the City Manager gives special permission in writing. Please note special insurance requirements if alcohol is being served or sold. Any and all alcohol sales must come directly from a bar or 3rd party licensed vendor and be served in non-breakable containers.

In order to obtain the permit, the event must also submit a detailed plan on how they will control the area and drinking age. Suggested routes include wristbands and ID checks.