City of Geneva’s Comprehensive Plan
Part 1 provides the Geneva’s planning context overview; values and vision; planning principles; priorities; and an implementation road map.
Part 2 provides the community assessment and analysis (including the market context; downtown development analysis; city fiscal capacity; land use and zoning; current sustainability practices and benchmarks; economic development initiatives; and relevant strategies in existing planning documents); a community engagement summary; and NYSERDA’s project benefit metrics report.
Part 3 provides summaries of the dialogues and survey, as well as the full survey results.
Forwarding the Comprehensive Plan (as of April, 2019)
We have started a new campaign for "comp plan" updates. With working the Comprehensive Plan Committee earlier this year, we agreed that small updates/snippets would be a great way to keep the public up-to-date on how we are doing as a community with forwarding our plan. This will be an ongoing series of updates on this page and on our social media. We have accomplished so much, but have so much more work to do and this plan will not be successful without everyone's help in it's mission, vision, programs, and actions!
- Comprehensive Plan In Motion Document (Full) (April 2019) (PDF)
- Striving for our Vision Page 3 to 9
- Geneva's Priorities Page10 to 29
- Greater Geneva Amenities Page 11 to 18
- Corridors Page 19 to 20
- Housing Page 21 to 22
- Economic Advancement Page 23
- Zoning Page 24
- Downtown Page 25 to 29
For "Comprehensive Plan In Motion" Additional Information:
- Overall questions, please feel free to contact City Manager's Office, 315-789-6104.
- City-Owned Properties; Zoning rewrite: Comptroller's Office, 315-789-2114
- Compost Facility; LED Streetlights; Lakefront Phases; Long Pier Extension and Marina; Corridors: Email Joe Venuti
- Current Projects Forwarding Comprehensive Plan February 2019 (PDF)
- Dove Block Project Website
- DRI Streetscapes Presentation and Drafts (PDF)
- Finger Lakes Welcome Center: Email Jennifer Kime
- Recreation Department and Ice Rink Maintenance: Email David Sharman
- Lake Tunnel Solar Village Website
- MAP Grants; Adaptive Reuse: Contact City Manager's Office, 315-789-6104.
- Neighborhood Engagement: Email Liz Toner
- Patent Block: Email Dave Linger
- Smith Opera House Website
- Street Reconstruction/Rehab; Park Improvements: Email Neal Braman
- Twisted Rail Brewery Website
A Look Back at the Comprehensive Plan Process
View Documents Leading Up to the Adoption of the Comprehensive Plan: