Urban Planning Initiatives
Citizen Planning Academy
You are invited to participate in the first annual Citizen Planning Academy. This is a seven week workshop for citizens to learn the community planning basics and innovating practices and to activate positive change in our community. Cultivating engaged and informed residents to become positive change agents in Geneva is critical to implementing our comprehensive plan. We hope to create a fun environment where we can all learn from each other and grow a vibrant Geneva together.
When: Monday nights 5:30 – 7:30 pm (Dinner will be available at 5:15 PM.)
Starting February 6th and running through March 20th (except Feb. 20th).
Where: City Hall, 47 Castle Street
- An overview of community planning
- Innovative best practices for community’s addressing issues or building on strengths
- Scenario planning on the regional level
- Planning locally- a deep dive into the comprehensive plan
- Planning locally – housing and neighborhoods
- Participatory Planning
Participants will be charged with becoming a Citizen Champion by designing a project idea with other participants, a neighborhood association or a community partner to implement something from the City’s Comprehensive Plan that lights their fire! The Citizen Champion Competition details will be revealed throughout the course with proposals being pitched at a community event in May.
Register soon, as space is limited to 15 participants. This ensures that everyone has a chance to be an active participant!
Registration is closed! Please apply next year!
Questions? Contact Sage at 315-828-6585 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the dates for this year’s other Citizen Academy Series programs:
- Citizen Finance Academy – Thursday evenings in April and May
- Citizen Police Academy – Fall 2017