Plan an Event in Geneva

Make your event a success!

Is this your first time coordinating an event? Don’t worry, the City is Geneva is here to support you every step of the way.

How to Get Started

Please review the City_of_Geneva_08_21_20_Executive_Order_Events.

For an application for a march, rally or demonstration, please contact Dave Sharman at

For all other outdoor events:

Check out the Event Planning Checklist, which will provide you with some information that you should consider when starting the planning process.

Once you’re certain you have the capacity to pull off an event…Please see the attachments below to help coordinate your event with the City’s Events Team. You can print these or come to City Hall for hard copies.

Use of City Property Application 2020

City of Geneva Property Fees and Charges for Special Events 2019

NYS Interim Guidance for Outdoor Events
NYS Safety Plan Template

Lakefront Viewing Deck & Lakefront Gazebo Rental

Are you interested in renting the Lakefront Viewing Deck which is located right in front of the Finger Lakes Welcome Center or the Lakefront Gazebo for a special event? Please find the links below for our application and supported documents.

Lakefront Deck & Gazebo Rental Application
NYS Interim Guidance for Outdoor Events
NYS Safety Plan Template

Banner Application

Are you interested in having your banner displayed across Seneca Street to increase your marketing efforts?
The Seneca Street banner placement is on a first come, first serve basis and fills up quickly.
Please plan ahead and contact Jackie LaVoie DPW, to schedule the desired banner time period.

Street Closure Request

The City of Geneva will accept applications for street closures for an event. Please apply for a street closure request as soon as possible, so that the appropriate departments can be notified.


Will you be having fireworks at your event? If so, please see attached application and regulations. Please call 315.789.6305 with any additional questions.

Liquor Authority Form

To ensure they are abiding by the state liquor licensing requirements for serving alcohol on public property.

All events that are considering selling or serving alcohol need to abide by the state liquor licensing requirements for serving alcohol on public property, and will need to complete the above form in order to do so.

Liquor, beer, and wine may not be sold or handled in any City of Geneva property except with a valid state liquor license and after the City Manager gives special permission in writing. Please note special insurance requirements if alcohol is being served or sold. Any and all alcohol sales must come directly from a bar or 3rd party licensed vendor and be served in non-breakable containers.

In order to obtain the permit, the event must also submit a detailed plan on how they will control the area and drinking age. Suggested routes include wristbands and ID checks.

Event Coordination

Once your application is reviewed, all event coordinators will need to schedule a group meeting with City of Geneva department heads to discuss execution of your requests. These meetings generally occur every Wednesday at 11am at minimum of one month prior to your event. Multiple meeting dates can be scheduled as needed for more complex requests.


The City of Geneva wants your event to be a success. The City will assist in marketing efforts by sending all created press releases to local media outlets, displaying posters at City Hall and at the Geneva Visitor Center, assisting with the setting up of social media outreach, posting the event on the City of Geneva calendar, and more. However, most marketing efforts such as poster distribution and other means need to be handled by the event coordinator. The City of Geneva also assists in the creation of welcome bags/convention bags for large wedding and conference groups.

Event Coordination Contact

Liz Toner
Recreation Supervisor
Office: 315-789-5005

47 Castle Street
1st Floor
Geneva, NY 14456