Notice for Wild Animal Owners

Where to Register

Pursuant to General Municipal Law §209-cc it is required that an annual report of the presence of wild animals be filed with the City Clerk prior to April 1 of each year. Each person within the City of Geneva who owns, possesses or harbors a wild animal must report its presence to the City Clerk. This information is essential to emergency services personnel so that they may protect themselves and the neighbors where the wild animal is being harbored, provide for the safety of the animals, ensure the maximum protection and preservation of the property, and provide the owner with emergency services with unnecessary delay. The City Clerk advertises that report forms are available for registry of each animal and failure to file as required will subject the owner of the wild animal to penalties under the law.