Geneva Neighborhood Resource Center
Resident Leadership Conference and Dinner
Date: Sunday, November 12th
Time: 2PM Conference/Workshops (6PM Dinner)
Location: Ramada on the Lakefront Geneva NY 14456
Last year’s event was amazing with 100 RSVPs and over 80 people at our GNRC awards dinner. We are looking forward to this year’s event!
- This is a new award category this year, as we are making strides to get neighbors more closely linked with members of City Council. This award was given to Councilor Marino for going above and beyond supporting the neighbors at meetings, events, and representing them across Ward 1 and even supporting neighbors outside of her ward.
- There were seven outdoor movies shown around the city this summer and fall. Each movie seemed to get more people as the season went on. The City of Geneva, Geneva Public Library, Geneva Peeps, HWS, local nonprofits, businesses and very generous neighbors. This was very successful, so be on the lookout for more movies in 2017.
- For her amazing work for Hildreth Hill! Nominated by Len and Shirley DeFrancesco, Parks helped with the Hildreth Hill History book, helped at every event throughout the year, and is the association’s treasurer.
- Neighbors have been working diligently to make a passive park into an active park at Genesee Park this year with events such as the Hocus Pocus movie, pumpkin carving and potluck night. Stay tuned for their Holiday Lighting experience in Genesee Park in December. In addition, North Main is the only street in Geneva with planted medians and the North Main median work is always so amazing each year.
- The Fourth of July Neighborhood Parade was a new event brought to the group by resident, Jerry Ashley. This event had over 200 attendees and participants. Please save the date for July 4, 2017 with a gathering at the Arbor’s Green right after the parade.
- Their May Block Party was the biggest event that they have had as an association! This event has a kids’ bike parade, face painting, and all kinds of food. Next year’s event will be even bigger.
- This neighborhood takes their holidays seriously! Each holiday seems to be celebrated with amazing pole decorations, gateway sign additions, and their holiday events and meetings are top notch!
- The neighborhood has planned events this year in collaboration with HWS, Geneva Police Department, Lochland School, and GNRC to make them a success. This neighborhood is great at reaching out within their neighborhood to connect the dots with opportunities to get projects done.
- This neighborhood’s leader, Edith Wormley has amazing spirit! The neighborhood association does not have a lot of members that attend meetings, but their spirit is huge! Their annual Fall Harvest Day this October was well attended by people of all ages and was so much fun.
- Last year was the first annual Moonshadow Over Pulteney event and this year was a great turn out for their second year! There was amazing music, food trucks, wine, and laughter!
- Founders Square has done so much to remember the history within their neighborhood and also taking pride where they live. They have done so many events this year: Cemetery workdays, Good Neighbor Day, partnership with the Geneva Historical Society events, and amazing outdoor neighbor meetings.
- Fred Brockway and crew have done a stellar job in creating the Downtown Butterfly Garden. It has really turned the corner of East Castle and 5&20 around and welcomes residents and visitors coming to enjoy downtown.
- This neighborhood created a top-notch Firemen’s Parade float and have led great craft projects in Lafayette Circle with their Castle Heights kid’s group.
Lehigh Gardens Neighborhood Association: Best Gardeners Award
- This year’s garden walk was the biggest it ever has been with the most participating households for any neighborhood. The neighborhood association hosting next year, has a record to beat!
HERE ARE SOME VIDEO CLIPS FROM OUR DAY:
ONLY 100 TICKETS AVAILABLE!
RSVP by Nov. 4th · Scholarships Available
$20 Adults · $15 Seniors (65+) · $10 Kids (10 and Under)
Breakout Sessions Led By Field Experts, Neighborhood Planning Activities, Kid Track! (No babysitter required!), Networking Opportunities, Full Dinner Buffet, and more!
DINNER BUFFET INCLUDES:
Ceasar Salad with Shaved Asiago Cheese and Garlic Croutons, Medley of Olives, Pickled and Roasted Vegetables, Sliced Cheeses, Garlic Bread, Chicken Parmesan, Ricotta Cheese Stuffed Rigatoni with Sweet Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions, Fresh Vegetable Du Jour, Canolis and Mini Dessert Display,
Lemonade, and Iced Tea
Gourmet Coffee & Tea
Fresh Brewed Evening Star Coffee Roaster
Call 315-828-6588 · Submit Registration to the GNRC (47 Castle Street) · We will contact you for payment arrangements.