Green Committee Subcommittee Information:
- Alternatives to Synthetics – supports the city’s Department of Public Works in its management of city-owned properties without synthetic pesticides and fertilizers and promotes sustainable practices for all city residents, institutions, and businesses.
- Waste Diversion – seeks to reduce the city’s waste footprint by encouraging the use of the city’s new Resource Recovery Facility and by promoting recycling of food wastes, e-wastes, and hazardous wastes as well as all recyclable materials.
- De-Icing – explores strategies for maintaining safety in the winter while reducing the amount of salt used on city streets and by its businesses, institutions, and residents.
- Climate Smart Community – seeks to meet the goals for designation as a Climate Smart Community which enables the city to benefit from grant programs.
- Community Aggregate – explores ways the city and its residents, institutions, and businesses can obtain sustainable sources of energy at reduced cost.
Committee Member’s Include:
Richard Cox (co-chair)
Anne Hoyt (co-chair, FLCC representative)
Michael Amadori (HWS Sustainability Coordinator)
Scott DeHollander (Cornell Ag-tech representative)
Emily McFadden (GHS Environmental Club)
Sarah Meyer (liaison, Town of Geneva Sustainability Committee)
Geneva Green Committee Meeting Minutes and Information
- Andreotti et al 2017
- Mesnage and Antoniou 2017
- Motta et al 2018 William et al 2016 A review of the carcinogenic potential of glyphosate by four independent expert panels and comparison to the IARC assessment