DRI Downtown Streetscape and 5&20 Construction
Activity on Exchange Street (from Castle St. to Lake St.): For week of Sept. 7th plus a look ahead to the end of September.
- 9/7 Concrete placement for east exchange parking lot entrance (next to Community Proud)
- 9/8 Concrete placement for sidewalk crosswalk that connects to public lot (cross walk is open still at this time temporarily)
- 9/9 to 9/10- Base and binder course asphalt placement east side of exchange Street
- 9/13- Shift southbound traffic onto newly installed asphalt, northbound traffic remains detoured
- 9/13 to 10/1- Continue and complete installation of proposed concrete sidewalks and brick pavers between Castle St and Lake St along east side of Exchange St.
WANT TO STAY IN THE LOOP?
Sign-up for regular updates through the Instant Input mobile app.
Scan the QR code for the app:
Or Search in the app stores for: Instant Input
CONSTRUCTION QUESTIONS CONTACT: Eric Rosintoski, Resident Engineer, Barton & Loguidice (firstname.lastname@example.org, 315-584-3786)
CITY CONTACT: Sage Gerling, City Manager (email@example.com; 315-789-6104)
Construction of the DRI streetscape project includes improvements to public sidewalk areas (seating areas, public art, table top games, trees and green infrastructure planting areas for cleaning stormwater), on-street parking areas, bicycle amenities, pavement areas and some sewer laterals.
This is an exciting time for the community; and we understand the stress that construction activity can cause for residents, businesses and visitors.
Through traffic will be allowed; and it is important to note that access to all businesses will be maintained during construction. For everyone’s safety and stress reduction, we ask that everyone please plan for extra time or alternate routing to get to your downtown destinations.
The majority of the project will be completed this year with some items being finished in 2022. The project area for this work includes: streetscape improvements on Exchange Street (from Castle Street to Lewis Street), on E. Castle/Castle Street from 5&20 to N. Main Street; some sewer lateral improvements will occur on Exchange and E. Castle Streets; and repaving work on Main Street between Castle and Seneca Street.
In 2022, construction will begin on 5&20 including creating a boulevard experience for drivers, pedestrian crossing improvements, designated bicycle lanes and planting areas. The project area is 5&20 from just east of Lake Street heading west to Elizabeth Blackwell Street and up the bridge.