The NYSDOH hotline for general questions about the Coronavirus is 1-888-364-3065. Additional resources are also available through https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html, https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/ and https://www.co.ontario.ny.us/101/Public-Health.
Hand washing remains the most effective method of preventing the spread of germs, including coronavirus. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
Additionally, the CDC recommends these everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases including Coronavirus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces