The City of Geneva is actively recruiting engaged residents who are interested in serving in a critical volunteer role. The City’s hiring process has been streamlined and is constructed to attract the best, most diverse set of applicants possible.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
Many Committees are strengthened by experience, knowledge, or training in a specific area of community operations. That said, most Committee members get their start by just wanting to be involved. For this Panel, there are only four requirements:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must be a permanent resident of the City of Geneva
- Must be willing and able to attend 50% of all Panel engagements
- Must be willing and able to complete all necessary training as required for the respective Committee
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
Applications are available online on the City’s website or at the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall. From there:
- Complete the online form and submit, or complete a paper application form and submit to the City Clerk’s Office
- City Council will source applications from the online database, City Clerk’s Office, and political parties
- Applications will be reviewed for best matched qualifications according to City Council’s objectives (subject matter expertise, ideological and cultural diversity, etc.)
- Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with City Council or will be referred to Council by the individual Committee’s appointment process
- Council will select the best qualified applicants for the position available
- Community Hiring Assistance Board: (10 total seats, 1, 2, 3 year terms) The Panel meets as needed, when all new hires and promotions occur. Individuals with hiring experience, human resources or other similar employment consideration are encouraged to apply, as well as diverse community partners. Panelist may require attendance and interview preparation on short notice. (COUNCIL APPOINTMENT)
For more information on the resolution and hiring policy, please click below.
To apply, click here.