City Seeks Zoning Update Proposals
The City of Geneva seeks proposals from qualified consultants and firms to complete a major update to the City’s zoning code (Chapter 350: Zoning: https://ecode360.com/10598047).
The existing code, primarily adopted in 1968, is a typical Euclidian code. The updated code would reflect the vision, values, principles, priorities and recommendations of the City of Geneva’s 2016 Comprehensive Plan (http://cityofgenevany.com/comprehensive-plan__trashed/). Specific recommendations and review of current zoning code can be found in Part 1, pages 40-41 and in Part 2, pages 24-32.
Overarching Goals for the Project
- Streamline the code for ease of use;
- Provide an impactful community engagement process;
- Allow for greater flexibility and density for residential and mixed use infill development;
- Blend characteristics of traditional zoning with form-based features in key areas;
- Strengthen the ability to implement the Downtown’s Traditional Urban Design District guidelines in development projects; and
- Be thorough in the procedures for adopting an updated zoning code, while moving the project along in a timely manner.
View full details for the request for proposals here: City_of_Geneva_Zoning_RFP
Proposals due January 10th.